~A horse doesn't care how much you know until he knows how much you care~

Friday, April 10, 2009

Finally Bridleless!!

I started riding Elliot bridleless for the first time this week! It's amazing! It's like magic when you feel so connected to the horse and him to you that you can ride without a bridle or anything. I feel like my relationship with Elliot has just soared over that past couple of weeks. I've been able to do things with him that I wasn't able to before and he just does things so easily and willingly now. I'm not sure exactly what changed but I'm SO glad it did. I've recently been thinking that we just weren't making any progress and I felt like our relationship just wasn't there. Then recently everything just started getting better and better. I love him so much! :o) I'll try and get a video soon of us riding bridleless and put it up.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm Randa. I just wanted to tell you that I'm happy for you guys. I'm just starting to ride my horse more, but riding bridless, and having a really great relationship with my horse, and my horse and I becoming one is my ULTIMATE goal!
    Savvy On,
    ~Randa~ & ~Brizzee~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Bridleless is a great breakthrough training moment!

    ReplyDelete