~A horse doesn't care how much you know until he knows how much you care~

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ok so I can already tell I'm going to be terrible at updating this on a regular basis.... Oh well.

I did have a busy last few days though...

Thursday evening

Me and my friend Laura were giving a lesson to a couple girls this evening. The one I was teaching hadn't ridden much and last time she had come and had a lesson from Laura she fell off. :/ So of course she was a bit nervous about riding again. She got on Elliot and was really tense. So I was like... ok first take a deep breath.... hahah. By the end of the lesson she was trotting him over poles and looked and felt 100% better. It was a good lesson.

Friday

On Friday I gave Carolyn (my little sister) another lesson. I had her riding Bravo. She did really good trotting around all by herself and being in control in the bigger arena. Then we went into the round pen to try cantering which I'm still working on getting her confident in. She did NOT want to canter at first and we almost left without even trying then my mom got there and she said she would try if my mom watched. So she tried and she did it very good! In fact when I started to stop Bravo she was like, "No! Don't stop him! I want to keep going!" Hahaha. I know she could do it. Hopefully that helped her confidence a little and it will go even better next time.

We also continued Hill Tharapy today. It went basically the same as yesterday.

Saturday & Sunday

So I don't know if the Hill Tharapy is going to end up working as well as it's supposed to. :/ I couldn't do it on Saturday or Sunday sadly. And since I've got a dressage rally for Pony Club coming up in a couple months, I'm still going to be riding him. I don't think you're supposed to continue riding them while doing it. Hopefully we'll still make some progress with it. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

On Satruday I had a lesson with Elliot. He was so good. A little lazy... But good. :o) We were jumping grids. Something I noticed though was how much he was paying attention to my weight. After the grid I would just think which way we were going to go and suddenly I found myself going that way. Laura was like, "Elisa, stay strait!" Haha, So after the grid I had to think strait, strait, strait. lol. The last couple days our freestyle has been getting a little better! Yay! I'm so happy! :]

Monday

We continued Hill Therapy today. He did good. There wasn't any significant difference from the last couple times yet though. But we just started to I wasn't expecting anything. yet.

We worked on our freestyle a bit today. I'm still amazed at how suddenly he started progressing. I hadn't really been riding much recently. We've been doing a lot of online instead. Maybe that break from it helped. Well, whatever it was, he's doing really good. I love him! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment